What's new

Anyone ever try bags of quarters??

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 16, 2009
Messages
1,915
Reaction score
120
Golden Thread
0
Location
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The bank that sold me the dime bag yesterday said they have 2 bags of quarters, $1000 a piece. I had some luck with the dime bag, as I posted in a recent thread.
I hear quarters are very hard to score with. I thought about buying both bags, or maybe just one and see how that bag goes. I'm just wondering if it is worth my time and effort?? I'd imagine I can roll through a bag of quarters in half the time it takes to do a bag of dimes, which takes me 2-3 hours. I do need to start filling my quarter collection though, it has the least silver content out of my collection. I just haven't tried yet, but I think I might tomorrow.
What do u think guys?? Should I?? Or should I pass and try to get some half rolls??
 
Upvote 0
I've gone through about $2.5k in quarter boxes and only found 2 silvers. I'd skip 'em.
 
I've had luck with bags, I got 3 silver out of 4 bags. You're right, they are easy to sort and can yield some silver. I do them just for the thrill of finding something different

HH
-GC
 
I've gone through 4 Bags of quarters. One of which was a skunk, one with 1 keeper,one with 2 keepers,and one with 9 keepers.
I'd go for it.
HH
Rich
 
"No.. F#ck No" Lol .. it's just not worth it to look at quarters with very little yield.
 
I have done Quarters because I'd buy whatever is being offerd to me and it don't take long to run them through the coin counter at my dump bank. I just take the 1k bag from my buy bank and dump em into my canvas sack and go directly to my dump bank and eyeball em as I run them through their machine, wich rejects foriegn and silver. But never had much luck with Quarters out of say 30 bags that I have done in the last 2 years the best yeild I ever got was 6 silvers. Average is 1 out of every 3 bags.
With me being in Michigan like you most of the bags I get have several Canadians in em as much as $10 face several times.

But you just never know when someone dumps silver. Go for it.

Mojo
 
if you found 1 in the bag it is worth it... so i would go for it...
 
I prefer halves as well but bags are so easy to go through and then dump (if you have a coin machine dump bank) that I think it is worth it to take any bagged coin you can.
 
take em.....what have you got to lose except a little time? if just one person dumped a collection in there you could be looking at a significant find.
 
They produce much less often than dimes or halves, but if you have the time and the cash I would get them. Just like with any other denomination you never know when someone is going to dump the coins they inherited or stole and create a dream bag.
 
If you can afford it why not? Maybe do an album or 2 will you are searching, and like has been said, all it would take is for the right dumper to hit and you may get lots of silver! HH.

Chuck.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom