Anyone ever use the Bigfoot / Cleansweep Coil?

eman1000

Feb 24, 2016
Elizabethtown, IN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus ORX, Etrac, F75, Simplex, MX5, V3i, Equinox, Tesoro Vaq, F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was talking to the folks over at Deeptech about this coil and of course they never heard of it before. I know it had a huge following before my time and I'm just curious if anyone used one or still does?

From what I gather they were difficult to make by hand and the owner/designer died.

Have these been obsoleted now thought with our larger 15" coils?

There was an old thread where someone said they cleared 300 plus coins in a single day - wouldn't take long to pay for your coil at that rate.

Upvote 0

Tom Slick

Jul 21, 2012
Mesa AZ
Detector(s) used
XP Deus & Deus II, Makro Multi Kruzer, White's DFX w/18" Arrow Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still use the BigFoot on a DFX and so far nobody has been able to make a coil that can compete with it for coverage and light weight. The Cleansweep was Tesoro's version but it is considerably heavier. The BigFoot doesn't go very deep 4-5" average on coin sized targets (in my soil) but between the light weight, coverage and pinpointing, it's killer on clad, recent drops, and jewelry. It also ignores bottlecaps like no other. They work so well that I had kept 3 in my arsenal but when the price for used BigFoots got over $500 I sold off two of them. If the one I kept ever craps out on me, I'll be heartbroken.

bklein

Feb 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a Bigfoot on my spectrum XLT, Cleansweep on my Tejon, and a Beach hog on my GP Extreme. The Beach hog GP Extreme combo is the deepest and most coverage. Gets really small targets to but seems to ignore foil fairly well. The XLT and Tejon don’t work in wet sand or salt water though. Some day I’ll try the beach hog on a surf pi - or make my own, for a lighter solution. I wish it could work on my CTX or Equinox. That would be the ultimate. The depth on all these is 5” or more. Great for dry sand. As most targets are shallow they pinpoint very well with the tip of the coil then get it with your hand or pinpointer in seconds. I have the 15” Equinox and 17” CTX coils and they seem unwieldy and very heavy in comparison with similar depths really. Their detect pattern due to DD type is similar except not functional at the outer 1-2” center tips. I’d much rather use the Bigfoot type than big DD. You can develop a skim technique on the water where it works like an airfoil and sweep as you run along the shore.

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Scan_20210317.jpg I had a BIGFOOT coil on my White's Eagle II back in the late 1980's and early 1990's. It found the good stuff and was super accurate with pinpointing the target.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread