What's new

Anyone experts on old raleigh bikes?

Emerson_ashe

Full Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2015
Messages
113
Reaction score
395
Golden Thread
0
Location
Long island and CT
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV,ace 250, garret AT PRO. Equinox 800, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got this bike years ago from a buddy. It needs work. Is it worth fixing up? I tried to find information and value on it to see if its worth sinking money into. Raleigh heat i believe from 1989.
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20190903-173401.webp
    Screenshot_20190903-173401.webp
    50.8 KB · Views: 90
Old Raleighs are popular bikes. I rode with a bike club in New Orleans for many years and worked on quite a few Raleigh bikes over that time.

As far as yours, what does it need repaired or replaced, and what does it have on it already? Can you post pics and brands of the derailleurs, brakes, crank set etc? What size wheels and tires are on it? I can give you a better idea of what you have and what it would be worth that way

If you can get away with just putting new cables, brake pads, maybe tires or tubes and a seat you'll probably still make some money off of it assuming you do the work yourself, and if the equipment on it is higher end stuff it will bring the price up a bit, but it's really going to depend on your area too... You'll get more for it in a college town than you will in a farm town basically
 
Upvote 0
Not a valuable Bike but investing a few bucks vs buying a new one helps the environment and it is cooler than new garbage
 
Upvote 0
oh I use mt bikes not road bikes. Even my mt bike is a cheap one lol. Also def a college area. (Near uconn)
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom