Digalotajunk
Full Member
Last edited:
Found this today. First actual gun part I've found! Not all that familiar about vintage gun parts. The knot in the photo is approximately the size of a dime, for scale. The field has had documented activity since the mid 18th century, including a civil war battle.
Thanks in advance for any help!
View attachment 1910451
Not sure about the gun part but the key is Model T Ford about 1917 to 1927.View attachment 1910453

My first thought was the same as Tony's, but I don't think this was from a toy gun.
I'm thinking because it looks to be made of brass, that it's possibly from a clock movement.
Dave
From the pix. it looks way to thin to be a 'revolver hammer'. How thick is it ?
+1 on it being a pawl. Was it found near the Model T key? Could it possibly be a parking pawl? Or is it too thin?
Not sure about the gun part but the key is Model T Ford about 1917 to 1927.View attachment 1910453