What's new

Anyone found something like this?

RELICDUDE07

Bronze Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2007
Messages
2,129
Reaction score
54
Golden Thread
0
Location
Pascagoula Ms.
Detector(s) used
minelab exp.
I found this today at a old homestead ,it is solid brass about 7 inchs long.What is it,looks like rope may have been used with it...
 

Attachments

  • Picture 186.webp
    Picture 186.webp
    152.7 KB · Views: 818
  • Picture 185.webp
    Picture 185.webp
    139.5 KB · Views: 805
  • Picture 187.webp
    Picture 187.webp
    154.4 KB · Views: 803
Michellets said:
I can't say for certain, but it looks like a cable stay , or wire anchor. They are used to keep a tight line on a overhead line, and can be found on either a pole, or just before the line goes into a building. They are inserted into a glide , along with the cable, and when the cable is pulled it tightens because of the wedge at the bottom. I don't have any pictures...sorry. HH M

I tend to go with a tensioner. You can see the undented slot in the round peice where the cable would fit and the other end where it would but up to the cable again when tight.

That's my story....
 
Upvote 0
Old Dog said:
bradyboy said:
have to agree with the peddle thought - but to what?

Ditto !
Brake or clutch Pedal.
The only brass pedals I can think of are the type on pianos etc. :icon_scratch:

wildrider said:
Michellets said:
I can't say for certain, but it looks like a cable stay , or wire anchor. They are used to keep a tight line on a overhead line, and can be found on either a pole, or just before the line goes into a building. They are inserted into a glide , along with the cable, and when the cable is pulled it tightens because of the wedge at the bottom. I don't have any pictures...sorry. HH M

I tend to go with a tensioner. You can see the undented slot in the round peice where the cable would fit and the other end where it would but up to the cable again when tight.

That's my story....
It does look like it could have a cam-type tightening or possibly locking movement/function.
 
Upvote 0
Gee...I was gonna guess part of a fancy gate latch.
 
Upvote 0
It reminds me of the fold-down knee rests in church that I used to monkey with when I was a little kid...Stand , sit, kneel...repeat...Lord's prayer...etc...
 
Upvote 0
Damon,

Sounds like you grew up in a catholic school..LOL

I did too.
You could be right. I have seen a lot of kneeler hardware that was Brass.

Dang I sure didn't enjoy those early Jesuit schools.

Thom
 
Upvote 0
fence stretcher ::) (<------inside joke from a while back in the whats it) ;D
 
Upvote 0
i am probably restating what everyone has already said, but they havent said the term "Bellcrank". i agree with Michellets that its a cable/line/rope guide for something. used to change the directional force of a cable.
 

Attachments

  • bell-cranksystem-action.webp
    bell-cranksystem-action.webp
    14.7 KB · Views: 322
Upvote 0
How about a foot pedal to a piano?
 
Upvote 0
Foot brake for an old wagon. Don't know how you guys find pictures of something that obscure but I'm pretty sure that's what they looked like back in the day.
 
Upvote 0
The rope slides very good in the piece :-\
 

Attachments

  • Picture 192.webp
    Picture 192.webp
    45.1 KB · Views: 294
Upvote 0
Logging truck drivers might think it looks like remains of a chain binder after hard use.
 

Attachments

  • chain binder.webp
    chain binder.webp
    9.8 KB · Views: 291
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom