What's new

Anyone found these before?

dasabighole

Full Member
Joined
Sep 11, 2006
Messages
230
Reaction score
171
Golden Thread
0
Location
North Alabama
Detector(s) used
Nautilus / Tesoro/T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These came from a shell midden, two feet apart.
 

Attachments

  • new pics 168.webp
    new pics 168.webp
    45.2 KB · Views: 145
  • new pics 169.webp
    new pics 169.webp
    43.6 KB · Views: 145
  • new pics 171.webp
    new pics 171.webp
    66.1 KB · Views: 114
  • new pics 172.webp
    new pics 172.webp
    58.5 KB · Views: 117
  • new pics 174.webp
    new pics 174.webp
    92.2 KB · Views: 129
Upvote 0
It looks like slate pendent preforms, is it slate or stone:icon_scratch:
 
As odd as it looks, I would say ''natural rock''.
 
Looks like something they might of been thinking about trying and never got around to them.
 
I'm thinking abraiding stone. They have rub marks on both side made by same size object. one is Greenstone the other slate. Greenstone one has edges ground smooth , forgot to get pic of sides. I have another from diffrent site looks the same. They are from woodland level on shell midden.
 
Your right, abraiding stones. I bet your finding bone tools at the same level?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom