What's new

anyone from cental California

JVA5th

Silver Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2014
Messages
4,972
Reaction score
28,134
Golden Thread
0
Location
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any metal detectors from Central California I'm from Atwater looking to find people around into the hobby I'm a younger detector than most being 23 just thought it'd be cool to find a few people around that detect in this area
 
Get on the kinzli CA forum. Several central valley folks read and chime in there. To get to the main page, you have to sign up. But it's easy: Just pick a name and a password.
 
Okay thank you I will try that
 
Im from Madera. Im younger as well (27)
 
Okay cool at least there seems to be a few people around
 
The hard part is finding places to hunt that actually have old coins or relics. I drove around Mariposa, Oakhurst, and Raymond area yesterday looking at a couple "ghost town" spots but everything seems to be private property. The only place i think might give stuff up is French flats by New Melones Lake. Its on blm land.
 
I've been just about everywhere up in those areas lol no luck on my part still getting used to my AT Pro though
 
I almost got an AT pro but decided to give the new BH Land ranger pro a try. I havent used it yet though. Some People talked about Lost Lake off friant but i couldnt find much history on that spot. I have a ton of info on the history of friant so im sure people had to of been around lost lakes area in the late 1800's. Have you hunted there?
 
I've actually never heard of it I don't get to do much MDing due to the fact I don't drive
 
Hopefully we can find some other hunters around here with land or some good spots.
 
I hope so I've been dying for a good hunt I have a lot of patience I hunted my grandparents 20 acre orchard for hours on end found a few interesting things nothing of value and found one merc only old coins I've ever found are my two mercs
 
Yea patience is a must in this hobby haha Have you been to Railroad flats, bagby, briceburg area? I know there are lots of claims there for prospecting but that means there should be old mining camps.
 
I've been to bagby several times found a old minors lamp there and a 1948 commercial license plate which was in decent condition so its a decoration at my house now and briceburg I've been to countless times I used to camp there a lot
 
Wait correction I found the license plate and minors lamp at shawmit mine I spelled the mines name wrong I know the lake there had dried up I found tons of pottery on the other side I'm sure it has potential for finds if searched well
 
Thats awesome. The one on Tuloumne River?
 
I believe that's the one if I'm not mistaking
 
Ive been staring at maps for a few hours made in 1878 and 79 and saw the there was a house where Henderson park is now. Have you detected there yet?
 
I think I've been there I've been all over Mariaposa spelled wrong I'm sure and Cathy's Valley then in the few areas around where I live in Merced and Atwater
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom