Anyone go to Lane Tech or know what Lane Marshalls are?

Gimmie The Loot

Bronze Member
May 11, 2010
Driftwood, TX
Detector(s) used
etrac, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 84
Great looking find there:skullflag:Is that green paint on it?

Lane Tech in Chicago were and still are the Indians. Here is a person who collects Lane Tech items. He might be able to help you more:

CONTACT ME

Lane was founded in 1908 and was a boys school until 1971, so that might have something to do with its association with Marshall, another HS in Chicago.

Last edited:
Thanks 2Screwed!

My pleasure, thanks for sending me on a journey of discovery.
I also found out that Marshall high school was founded in 1895 and it and Lane were only a couple of miles (if that) from each other. So it is very possible that they had some type connection to each other.

Maybe Marshall was the "Girls School" for the neighborhood since Lane was for the Boys?

It does stand to reason that most of the boys would have gone to Lane. But I didn't find any mention of that in the research I did.

Good news - I reached out to the Lane Tech alumni club and turns out they do not have a pin like this in the archive room and so I am going to donate it back to the school. It's not a class ring or anything but they are excited to bring it back to the school. They did verify it is from the early 40's.

Very cool! Gotta say it gave me the goosebumps. Great way to touch a lot of lives. Did they have any clue what the connection to Marshall was?

Yeah it feels good to give back. Thanks for your lead 2S. They think it was from a basketball or football championship game where the two schools played each other.

My pleasure. Think about it 50-100 years from now people will see that pin and you made it possible. That's what its all about.

Very cool! Gotta say it gave me the goosebumps. Great way to touch a lot of lives. Did they have any clue what the connection to Marshall was?

My dad went to Lane Tech back in the 60's , but just reading this story It gives me goosebumps too . Very cool find and very cool way to give back for others to enjoy it too

My dad went to Lane Tech back in the 60's , but just reading this story It gives me goosebumps too . Very cool find and very cool way to give back for others to enjoy it too

Thanks AcRellik! I am glad to finally find something worth donating. I know it is just a pin and not worth much but if it can help spark a memory or something with any alumni then it is worth a fortune!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back