Anyone out there able to date these bullets ? Just had them donated to the museum we are setting up in the Caribbean. They were all found years ago by a detectorist in Antigua around the area of the harbour and naval yard. There are various sorts and sizes, not my era of stuff so wondered if someone could fill me in on the types or dates. In total there were @ 200 all as found and uncleaned together with a bag of earlier musket balls.
Also some small caliber either revolver (.36 cal) or newer small bore rifle. I see one large bore rifle probably jacketed. (The one with the huge expansion). No way to specifically ID any of them unless individual weights and measurements are known. You'd have to sort them by identical types and present them one at a time or with a smaller group with specific mesurements before I'd even venture a guess. Monty
thats a huge mixed lot of varoius types and weights and ages --as has been said by others -- I do see a lot of enfeild, snider , henry - martini type bullets as another has said * --the bullets I see vary a good bit time frame wize from mid 1800 to late 1800 time frame wize -- most are very roughly say 1850 to 1890 ish