What's new

Anyone happen to have hunted Nakomis beach and the Jetty in Florida lately?

smittyw

Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2011
Messages
329
Reaction score
84
Golden Thread
0
Location
Dover, Fl
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Cheapo
gonna run down there from Tampa in a little bit and was wondering it the place had seen much activity?
 
I don't know about Nakomis Beach, but I think the Jetty is pretty heavily hunted (whenever I go, there's always 2-3 other guys hunting)
 
SmittyW

Me and the wife drove down there a couple of months back, but unfortunately I didn't have my detector with me. Anyway, as we were there I don't recall seeing anyone hunting that area. A lot of shark tooth hunting more than metal detecting I think. Good luck and give us a heads up as to whether or not it was a promising site. Also, right there at the end of the Jetty is a park that seems to stay fairly busy including grill areas, playgrounds, etc. It itself may produce some nice finds.

HH - Bobby :headbang:
 
made it there and got skunked. didn't have time to do the park but i bet it would have produced better than the beach. wind off the gulf was cold and strong (surprised) which made it a bit uncomfortable.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom