What's new

Anyone hidden anything themselves?

Jrsmith

Greenie
Joined
May 6, 2019
Messages
10
Reaction score
14
Golden Thread
0
Location
Colton, NY
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I’ve wanted to do this for a long time but don’t really have the means. That got me thinking TreasureNet could crowdsource a treasure and hide it somewhere, if a lot of people would contribute something of value like a silver coin. We would then need a completely trustworthy person to put it somewhere. I know where I would hide it, I posted a couple of things about Pharaoh mountain in New York, there is a hidden cavern within a cavern, I had to move rocks to get in and put them back when I left. I’ve never posted photos of the entrance to this one, partly because it doesn’t look like much, fairly remote area on state land. I realize this could be some trouble but if I collected some stuff to put there, I swear I’d would put it there or die trying. As a fringe benefit, anyone looking for it might find the old treasure that’s supposed to be there, if it exists. Anyone tried hiding treasure or ideas on how I would do this?
 
I hid a one-cent coin when I was a boy, about 1966...I thought an archaeologist would find it one day.
 
About 20 yrs ago i made a little test garden next to my driveway in Ak, theres silver and copper buried.. Also in that spot in the early 70s i dug a copper spear point testing a new MD.
 
more reasons that you care to remember....?
 
I in the passed have hidden bent coins, pieces of jewelry hit by a mower and a few other things along with a note inside a RX bottle. I know some of the guys that hunt behind me and in front.:laughing7:
 
I hid the car keys four years ago from the wife.Hasn't found them yet .:tongue3:
 
In 1999 I hid something in around this mountain in a very desolate area behind me. I think the original picture was taken with a Canon 35 ML film camera I set the timer on and put on the hood of my truck to take the selfie with the mountain behind me where I hid what it was I put there.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20151122_125032.webp
    IMG_20151122_125032.webp
    627 KB · Views: 74
around 1966 I buried a coffee can with some quarters in it . I was playing in the woods and decided to bury my treasure there.
these were wooded subdivision lots not open woods.
I'm sure there were some silver quarters , and they may all be silver .

google earth shows it's still woods and I'd bet they are still there

I often think of going back to my home town and ask if I can dig but never have.
it's 150 miles from me in Alexandria Va 22310
 
"We would then need a completely trustworthy person..." I believe that hunt alone would take up most of the time.
I do like the idea though. Could be issues with access to the location and the "mess" the public brings with it.
 
In 1999 I hid something in around this mountain in a very desolate area behind me. I think the original picture was taken with a Canon 35 ML film camera I set the timer on and put on the hood of my truck to take the selfie with the mountain behind me where I hid what it was I put there.
Please don't tell us it's where you stashed your wife! Jess kiddin!
 
Posting politics and insulting or attacking new members earns timeout.

JrSmith, welcome to TreasureNet. Your new and may not be aware of all our rules, we only allow politics in our politics forum, please do not post political comments in other forums. The others knew better.
 
I left a rifle in Virginia east of Buena vista, off rt 60 where the Appalachian trail crosses. Not the best time in my life but it wasn’t used for anything illegal other than some sketchy hunting. It would be really rusted or gone by now
 
On just about every restoration job over the years, as well as remodeling jobs, and new construction, I have hidden things in the wall cavities.
 
I buried a jar of pennies back in 1976. Unfortunately I buried them on Guam so, going back for them would not make economic sense. Maybe I will get my brother who still lives on Guam to retrieve them for me.
 
Only Rum... but I always find it sooner or later.

:)
 
I seem to hide things all the time. Every day seems like a treasure hunt. Usually for my wallet, car keys, pocket knife................
 
When I was 12 in 1962 4 of us boys were hunting in the woods and we came upon this very old house. We snuck up on it and saw it was empty. We went in and it looked like who ever lived there has just gotten up and left. There were cloths, dishes, furniture etc everywhere. We decided to turn it into our club house. We soon found out that 2 old men had lived there and both had died. One day we decided to pack up anything that looked valuable and hide it. We each had a duffle bag of silverware, oil lamps, paintings, belt buckles etc. and hid it all in a nearby cave we had also found. There was no where to sell the stuff in our small town in PA so we soon forgot all about it.

1 of the boys were killed in Nam, 1 committed suicide and 1 moved out to CA. In 2012 I took a trip to PA and tried to find the cave. By this time they had built a high school near where the cave was and everything looked different. I searched for 3 days and couldn't find the cave. It was a small cave entrance so it was hard to see but once you got in it was Hugh. I couldn't believe I couldn't find it. Someday someone will and find 4 bags of neat stuff. I just goes to show how people who bury things after a few years can't find them again.
 
Have about 150 in change sitting in a coffee can someplace between Missouri and Pennsylvania off of I70
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom