Anyone live close to Martinsville, VA? Ill be there at the end of the week.

Deerhunter24

Jul 1, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; Garrett GTI 1500
Anyone live close to Martinsville, VA? I'll be there at the end of the week.

Hey all,

I'll be traveling down to Martinsville, VA this week to visit family. I'll really only be there Thursday-Saturday. Just curious if anyone lives nearby and is going detecting. Most likely I will be able to do some detecting on Friday. Not even 100% yet that I can go, but I'd like to.

I've been detecting for about 5 years, but don't know the area very well since I'm from Michigan. A few years ago a buddy and me went down there to do some detecting and got kicked off of a schoolyard by the principal. I was an old school and we were bummed. Went to the Sheriff's Department and even the chief couldn't really give a good indication of whether or not it was legal or illegal to search on PUBLIC property. The park board (or whatever its called) couldn't give us a straight answer of whether or not we could detect parks either. Spent a day doing research in the library and a day just trying to get permission to hunt so that we didn't get arrested. It was a mess.

Anyway, I'd like to get out for a day with another avid hunter. If someone lives near Martinsville and would like to maybe get together this Friday, let me know. Just want to have a relaxed vacation this time. Thanks.

Chuck (Deerhunter24)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread