Assembler

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yep I still kick myself over items / chances and such that I either passed on or sold back when ! Now it's just found memories of the past !
There is still equipment to be had however it is almost all worn out or in very bad shape.

The chances are still out there just about every foot of ground now has been walked over in many places.

OP
OP
Assembler

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Making the stamp mill appears to be a good choice unless you have used equipment to look at.

Castings is what you tend to find on the internet / google etc.

alloy_II

Dec 24, 2021
There is still equipment to be had however it is almost all worn out or in very bad shape.

The chances are still out there just about every foot of ground now has been walked over in many places.

Yea that, fallback equipment - metal detector.

OP
OP
Assembler

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Where are you seeing castings available?
This would be drawings for the castings. The physical castings are not available. Sorry for the confusion.

OP
OP
Assembler

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The metal detector works best on only very good grades of values and will detect further then the surface of the rocks.

OP
OP
Assembler

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Where are you seeing castings available?
There may be some casting of different cams that will fit shafts available go take a look for your self.

OP
OP
Assembler

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The metal detector for many is not the best fallback equipment.
Your eyes can see values with the aid of magnification. Your eyes can spot crystalized minerals with good lighting and magnification.

alloy_II

Dec 24, 2021

As I age, I'm finding that my mental capacity is dwindling. I'm curious to know if your experiencing the same fate.

Many of your comments make absolutely no sense.
There may be some casting of different cams that will fit shafts available go take a look for your self.
Screenshot from 2022-03-02 19-21-02.png

OP
OP
Assembler

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This has to be the most useless thread in the history of the internet.

View attachment 2013379
Try talking to some people out there and you may find something that is useful to you.

Almost anyone can learn from some of the posts on this forum you just need to dig a little.

Start some thread topics that you want to know more or at least talk about in more depth.

Share some links and information that you would like to research and find useful information about.

OP
OP
Assembler

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
As I age, I'm finding that my mental capacity is dwindling. I'm curious to know if your experiencing the same fate.

Many of your comments make absolutely no sense.

View attachment 2013364
Have you taken a look for your self yet on the internet / world company's?'

OP
OP
Assembler

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What do you know now this topic thread has over 3,000 views maybe there is some interest about the topic after all and a few are seeing some value with the posts.

My main goal was to share designs of and get a better idea on how to use a stamp mill no matter what the design.

OP
OP
Assembler

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
According to the numbers at this time of posting:
"Who has read this thread (Total: 86)". That is a fair amount of people for this forum don't you think so?

OP
OP
Assembler

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just looking at a few of the small stamp mills tell me that there is not that much to machining a stamp mill even if it is not the best design. This way after fabrication of the mill you should be able to go straight to the rock at the surface or undergrounds and start milling. This may put you way ahead of a lot of people who try to move all of there rock to a mill site or else where. Especially with pockets or very small deposits etc. that will be cleaned out in a short time.

OP
OP
Assembler

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Got lucky at the local recycle yard and found one 18 - 20 lb. sledge hammer head. These are hard to find and will make an excellent single stamp mill set up. Just weld the shaft you want to it with a cam ring on it.

I payed to going scrap price for it however the yard wanted to charge more then the going scrap price. They said these are hard to find.

alloy_II

Dec 24, 2021
Got lucky at the local recycle yard and found one 18 - 20 lb. sledge hammer head. These are hard to find and will make an excellent single stamp mill set up. Just weld the shaft you want to it with a cam ring on it.

I payed to going scrap price for it however the yard wanted to charge more then the going scrap price. They said these are hard to find.
I do the garbage in garbage out whenever I'm bringing in a load of scrap. Pound for pound trade.

One time bringing in a scrap car to the yard my truck weighed 500 pounds more on the scale leaving the yard.

Explorador

Jan 30, 2022
Unless you have a proven claim that is producing high grade, just use a pipe mill to crush, test and produce samples for assay. I take mine into the field on expeditions to create and test samples right in the field. Build or buy a custom crusher once things are proven up. If your doing this constantly for mining claims then by all means buy or build a crusher.

OP
OP
Assembler

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I do the garbage in garbage out whenever I'm bringing in a load of scrap. Pound for pound trade.

One time bringing in a scrap car to the yard my truck weighed 500 pounds more on the scale leaving the yard.

My local yard will not do this as far as pound per pound trade. Lucky you.

OP
OP
Assembler

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Unless you have a proven claim that is producing high grade, just use a pipe mill to crush, test and produce samples for assay. I take mine into the field on expeditions to create and test samples right in the field. Build or buy a custom crusher once things are proven up. If your doing this constantly for mining claims then by all means buy or build a crusher.
Good point. Everyone has to decide what is good enough grade for there set up.

Hope to get my made in Colorado jaw crusher going as the core set up real soon.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread