✅ SOLVED Anyone out there who can identify this pipe?

flintchip

Apr 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this pipe in about five pieces and glued it back together. I am wondering if anyone can tell me when it was manufactured and if it has a type name? I know it's clay and has a very nice glossy sheen on it. Almost a silvery look when you tilt it back and forth in the light. Everything else from this site seems to date from around 1830's to 1880's. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    766.8 KB · Views: 87

CC Hunter

Aug 7, 2004
Timbuktu
Detector(s) used
Magnet on a Stick
The reconstructed salt glazed reed insert smoking pipe bowl, appears to have features similar to the pipes produced at the Point Pleasant factory. The time frame of manufacturing there coincides with your other 1830's-1880's finds as well.

Point Pleasant Trade Pipes

CC Hunter

Upvote 0

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
Morehead City / Newport NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just looked through that site, and while it may be a local reference the one i just found has no match there.....anyone have more info?
Not sure what yours looks like?I find them sometimes but not near as often for me as the colonial type or even native american for that matter.But it's more because how I hunt then anything.I only look for old sites so thats what I find.At any point I do have a few that would not match as well.But they are still the reed type & likely would be the earlier form seems how on occasion one shows at the sites I like to hunt.Not sure if yours may be like them? Here's a few like I find now & then,I think the little one with the face is pretty cool.
Take Care,
Pete,:hello:

Attachments

• 001_1.JPG
    001_1.JPG
    73.5 KB · Views: 75
  • 002_1.JPG
    002_1.JPG
    55.6 KB · Views: 63
Upvote 0
OP
OP
F

flintchip

Apr 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks to everyone for their replies. I will have to go with the pipe being of the Point Pleasant variety. Again, thank all of you for your help and please feel free to share anymore info you might have. Flintchip

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread