What's new

Anyone seen one of these?

waseeker

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2006
Messages
1,133
Reaction score
25
Golden Thread
0
Location
Pacific Northwest
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX; Minelab eTrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this quarter size token in a reject bin last week. Anyone know anything about the history of this item?
 

Attachments

  • 1984 liberty.webp
    1984 liberty.webp
    39.4 KB · Views: 594
Upvote 0
Can't help ya. I have never seen one like that. probably a toy.

Mojo
 
coinmojo said:
Can't help ya. I have never seen one like that. probably a toy.

Mojo
i agree, but keep it for a while just incase it is something rare.
keep it up and hh!
 
What is it made of? What is the weight of this coin? That would be a lot cooler if it wasn't a toy and was actually worth some money!

interesting find!

-bigJ
 
I'd keep it, you just never know. I've never seen one, even if it's some kind of coin toy it could be worth hanging on to
 
Chinese counterfit?
 
George Washington in drag?
 
It actually looks like it might be a hobo quarter. How does the weight feel compared to a real quarter?
 
Weird. Now I have seen copy coins very crudely done but it looks almost like the new liberty dollar and the old quarter reverse. Hmmmmm :icon_scratch: :dontknow:

Golden Silver
 
My first thought when I saw it was that the obverse was somewhat similar to some of the early U.S. Pattern coins.

It has a plain edge. It is quite a bit lighter than a quarter, but isn't made from aluminum.
 
Chinese counterfit? In Ca, we get all kinds of these things. I've seen these and others that look like mercury dimes but the size of dollars, never the size of quarters.

Put a magnet to it. Most are magnetic.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom