What's new

Anyone still using a Tesoro Silver Max ?

Bsmooth

Greenie
Joined
Oct 17, 2022
Messages
10
Reaction score
20
Golden Thread
0
Location
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro (for now)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Retired guy, still have mine, but battery life is terrible. Would like to use rechargeable batteries. Maybe Lithium Ion?.
I may be looking at a Nokta Simplex in the future, but I would like to use the Tesoro as much as possible.
Too bad the company got bought out, would have liked to see what direction they might have gone in.
 
With the Tesoro detectors that run on a 9v battery, I've found rechargeables tend to be a little larger than an alkaline battery. Don't break your battery cover door!

Btw, my alkaline battery lasts several trips....
 
I'm still using a Silver Sabre. It's not a uMax. The battery pack is 6-AA's, but I have been using a regular 9-volt in there. I don't have the battery door, so a piece of tape is used.

It seems to last for about 3 to 4 hours. It's not that long, but still works.

It sure does have an uncanny ability to ignore iron nails in discriminate mode at the lowest setting. Amazing machine for 1983-1984.
 
Still use mine, and use rechargeables with no problem.

I take battery out when not in use.
 
Its funny I recently used mine in the same field as someone using a Legend. At the end of the day I had all the trash, and he had all the coins. I told him , at least i cleaned a lot of the trash out.
I have to say it goes very deep. You might not know what it is, but its usually a surprise. I found a whale the other day. It was a small silver token that had fallen off someones charm bracelet. It was barely .75 inches long and about 6 inches down in some awful rocky earth.
Sometimes it still scares me with its tones. Its like its saying "Hey dummy I found something, dig it!"
 
I use EBL 600mah batteries. They get about the same run time as alkaline ones. They might be slightly larger than some but battery door fits fine and a couple of them are over 10 years old. I have 5 Tesoros that use them and have never had a problem. I'd hate to think how much I would have paid if I had used alkaline in them.
 
I use a 6 1.5 AA battery pack under the rear arm holder.last a long time ,cheaper and balances the unit like a feather.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom