Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Low water level is a great time to look for old bottles along the shoreline. Some Coke bottles and other soda bottles are worth good money. Aqua colored mason jars, stoneware jugs and hutchinson bottles can be valuable as well.

Hutchinson bottles are very rare and valuable here in Rhode Island. This one with the top broken off sold for $100! And the other one currently on eBay has a $500 price tag.

zip hutch.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1161010383...eDoIdbbrdX5PviiJuXwf+g0Q==|tkp:Bk9SR5KSwPnRYw

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Low water is like a magnet for me. Your on it.

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Low water here now too. I’m heading to the river today for a rock and arrowhead hunt. Spring rains will have the level up in no time.

metrotec

Jan 5, 2020
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites, Radio Shack, Metrotec, peach tree fork
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
some of the lakes around E TN , the shore line drops as much as 100 yards to water line in the winter.
TVA is really getting picky about walking the winter water level and starting to fine $$ people for picking up American Indian artifacts. Of course some hunters go to the extreme and dig up the ground, which is a no-no.
Fines can vary, depending on what you have in your bag/pockets.
Sometimes the government goes too far, and sometimes the hunters go too far.

OP
OP
J

Jollyrodger1

Apr 11, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
some of the lakes around E TN , the shore line drops as much as 100 yards to water line in the winter.
TVA is really getting picky about walking the winter water level and starting to fine $$ people for picking up American Indian artifacts. Of course some hunters go to the extreme and dig up the ground, which is a no-no.
Yes 100 yards, I suggest get out there before it’s to late, you will find something

metrotec

Jan 5, 2020
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IF I COULD; I have heard, not from personal experience, that if you are caught walking along TVA shore line and are caught with flint or artifacts, it's a $100 fine for each arrow head, flint or other artifact. I say BS. For those of you NOT familiar with TVA, it;s a cousin to BLM< Corps of Engineers and other government, state and local "it's ours, mine and NOT your stuff bureaucrats.
WHAT IF; a friend of mine who is on the Cherokee Council in NC, was with me walking along the shore line of Tellico Resvoir and He picked up a clay pipe and TVA Police saw him, would He be arrested, fined, and the pipe confiscated for him picking up his ancestors pipe?
If the pipe was never recovered, it would lie there and be lost to all, such a waste.
Are museums the only principle allowed to show off their STUFF?
I have heard MY FRIEND was ailing, hope he is OK.
Just asking.

metrotec

Jan 5, 2020
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a TRUE story if anyone is interested? Cherokee Gold, an old Cherokee man in 1928, my cousin and me. A round carved stone wheel about 36 inches across 6 inches thick balanced on 2 rocks, with 3 pointers on top at 3-6 & 9 o'clock positions. My cousin showed me the rock on the side of the mt. near a waterfall. He has since passed several years ago at the age of 92. He said his grandfather showed him the stone in about 1929. He located it and showed me in 1990. Said he would always look for it as a kid when he squirrel hunted in the area. It took us over 2 hours to find it again. The property belong to his family. The property in N of Chattanooga near a creek and Indian Mound.
Hawkeye Picket saw the pictures I took and had no idea what it meant. Hawkeye teaches a class on SSS (Spanish or Secret Signs & Symbols) and does field trips to sites in the SW USA. Hawkeye is in AZ.
Hawkeye suggested I talk to a Cherokee. I did.
The real story is 1928! An Indian that was relocated (family) to OK, came walking by and spoke to my cousin, who was a child and to his grandfather who were sitting on the porch. His grand father seemed to know him for the Indian said , "hello Mr , " how you doing? Mr , said"what you doing back in these parts"? The Indian replied. "If you knew what I knew, you could shoe your horses in gold." He then walked off up the mt. towards the falls. Happened once more in the 1930's.
My friend in Cherokee,NC looked puzzled when he looked at the pics I was showing him. Mr -----
replied, "-----" there are some things the Cherokee do not tell the white man".I took was puzzled, I thought we were friends. He just stared at me. I then pulled a coin out of my pocket and showed him. Spanish? The date was right. DeSoto. He asked where did you find it? I said, " r -----, there are some things the white man dosen't tell the Cherokee". He has never spoken to me since, and I'm so distraught over our last conversation. MY fault for being a fool.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

Jollyrodger1

Apr 11, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The dam thing is, things are getting to political, here in Pennsylvania you can walk or detect in most public places, others need permission naturally, read the posted signs and go from there

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went to school in Italy. Virtually everything you can think of is illegal there. The result was most people ignored the silly laws banning things.

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2018
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Currently have CTX3030 and Vanquish 440.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
same for Lake Lanier in North Atlanta. Only place you can detect on this Corp of Engineers controlled lake is the marked sandy beach areas. Repeat offenders can get arrested.

OP
OP
J

Jollyrodger1

Apr 11, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What’s going on with all these rules and regulations, they were allowed before, yes. They say don’t talk about politics, but for heaven’s sake it’s in everything, we must stop such unreasonable oppression, terrible.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread