What's new

Anyone Taos County locations for gold?

Bigboyblue

Tenderfoot
Joined
Mar 3, 2014
Messages
5
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
Albuquerque
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Anyone know of a place in taos county, they are willing to tell me for prospecting gold?
 
Sure. Locations named here might take some research to find their exact locations. These are from Northrop Minerals of NM, 1959.
Anchor, Glenwoody, Picuris, Red River, Rio Grande Valley, Twinning districts.
Have fun.
 
Culverts in the Moreno Valley have been worked for gold from mines on Baldy Mtn.
 
Sorry, the above is in Colfax Co. I'm familiar with Taos but go there for bottle dumps. I do have a first
hand testimony of a cache of gold coins with the spot located. The property was occupied last time I
was there. Maybe someday.
 
From the research I have done on Taos and a little northeast of Taos the mountain region and such. Seems you can find gold just about anywhere.

Anyone have any luck in this area or surrounding areas?
 
I would suggest you go up to Questa, then take as I recall Cabresto Creek--this is the next one north from Red River.
Go up Cabresto creek to its headwaters near the old gold mining towns of Midnight and Ankor--If I recall the names correctly.
So you want to be at the headwaters of Cabresto Creek and Bitter Creek.

Barton
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom