What's new

Anyone use a Camelbak?

GibH

Silver Member
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
2,934
Reaction score
1,949
Golden Thread
0
Location
Florida
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The biggest problems I had hunting the beach last summer were dehydrating and shoulder strain. This looks like it should take care of both problems. I had already bought a harness and do have a canteen, but the canteen just seemed to get in my way. The Camelbak has D-rings to hook a bungee as well.
 

Attachments

  • camelback.webp
    camelback.webp
    9.6 KB · Views: 589
Upvote 0
I've used a Camelbak for anything from cycling, to hiking, to work for almost the last 15 years or so.

They are great! I find I stay way more hydrated as I don't have to stop what I am doing to take a drink, it's right there with me.

In the summer, fill the bladder with ice. It will really help keep your back and you cooler.

Do clean it out after use, you can grow some interesting "science experiments" in there if you don't.

Semper Fi
 
I've been using one for the past 7 years. I started out with a 2 liter. Moved up to 3 liter a few years back. I hook most of my gear to it.

I won't hunt without it.
 

Attachments

  • 100_1538.webp
    100_1538.webp
    51.6 KB · Views: 592
Yep, I was able to pick up the Camelbak Hellion 100-Ounce (3 liter) Black/Graphite Hydration Pack from around Nov/Dec of last year.
I got a GREAT deal on it at http://www.steepandcheap.com... for $50, which is essentially 53% off the retail!!
I've only been able to use it a couple times so far, but it's pretty amazing!
It's also got 1478 cubic inches of storage space, and holds 3 of the Smart Water bottles in the bladder!
Here's some other great stuff I've found on that website thus far...
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,286975.0.html

Bran <><
 

Attachments

  • CamelBak Hellion 100-Ounce Hydration Pack.webp
    CamelBak Hellion 100-Ounce Hydration Pack.webp
    46 KB · Views: 666
  • CamelBak Hellion 100-Ounce Hydration Pack.webp
    CamelBak Hellion 100-Ounce Hydration Pack.webp
    46 KB · Views: 501
I use one all the time .. I use a bunge with it also .
 
I use to use one, but in the summer it just wasn't enough water and it was heavy at first. What I do now is, I have some army surplus ammo pouches attached to by belt, that a 1.5 liter bottle of water will fit in. I take the water bottols and freeze them. When I hit the beach in the summer I will take two of these with me and I will have cold water for up to 4 hours. By that time I am ready for a break and something to eat. after break, I grab two more frozen ones from the ice chest, and I'm off again.


HH
Digger
 
You grow lots more "science experiments" when you fill it with beer and don't clean it often enough. :laughing7: I mainly just carry a water bottle in my pouch or slid into my wetsuit jacket.
 
I used to have one but it kept fighting with my Alpacas.

FH
 
They sure can be a handy item to have. I use mine when I'm hitting a site that's a little off the path.
 
willie d said:
I've been using one for the past 7 years. I started out with a 2 liter. Moved up to 3 liter a few years back. I hook most of my gear to it.

I won't hunt without it.

Hey, the Great Southern Beach Shootout...... :icon_thumright:
 
Sandman said:
You grow lots more "science experiments" when you fill it with beer and don't clean it often enough. :laughing7: I mainly just carry a water bottle in my pouch or slid into my wetsuit jacket.

But if you dring enough beer you don't care as much what is growing.
 
dave5339 said:
I've used a Camelbak for anything from cycling, to hiking, to work for almost the last 15 years or so.

They are great! I find I stay way more hydrated as I don't have to stop what I am doing to take a drink, it's right there with me.

In the summer, fill the bladder with ice. It will really help keep your back and you cooler.

Do clean it out after use, you can grow some interesting "science experiments" in there if you don't.

Semper Fi

They have camelback mix ins now too. Several flavours. Specifically made for use in the buggers. My favorites are lime and mixed berry. I send the to Iraq on a regular basis and DH uses them in the field.
 
Treasure_Hunter said:
willie d said:
I've been using one for the past 7 years. I started out with a 2 liter. Moved up to 3 liter a few years back. I hook most of my gear to it.

I won't hunt without it.

Hey, the Great Southern Beach Shootout...... :icon_thumright:
Good times :icon_thumleft:
 
You bet,when I use to run ultrmarathons these and platypus bottles were the best 2 things to have on your body,I have the one that you wear around your waist and holds about 45 oz.I probably have 4 or 5 other makes but Cammel Back is the best to me. :hello2: :thumbsup:
 
I casually know the guy who invented the Camelbak.... Needless to say, he is filthy rich... He gave me my first one, and I dont go hiking without it... Never thought to use it for MD'ing.. Good idea... I am on my third one now, but the one he gave me sure got a lot of miles on it before I retired it... Still have it, but it is too small, and bright red. The one I use now is Digital Camo patern and also holds more gear/clothes, etc...
 
I have gave to of them away that were issued to me.I still have one and I think I will start using it this summer.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom