Anyone use the bounty Hunter Pinpointer?

slowNsteady

Mar 26, 2010
Broken Arrow, OK
Detector(s) used
Whites Beach Hunter, Fisher 1220 1225 F2 F4, BH Land Star, Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Vaquero
Hi,
I've been using one for a while now. It works out pretty good for me. The depth is limited, I get 1" on a quarter and about 3/4" on a dime. Now I did take it apart and adjust the internal pots a little. I have issues with the battery cap popping off, but that can be fixed with a touch of electrical tape. I have really had no problems with it and the battery lasts a long time. The shape is great too, it's easy to handle.
Most people will tell you to get a Harbor Freight Cen-Tech, or the Garrett Pro Pointer. The Cen-Techs can't be beat for price, but they don't hold up that well. They will get a bit more depth than the BH. The Garrett seems to be the top dog for depth and durability in the $125.00 range.
That being said, if I had to do it all over again, I'd probably get the Harbor Freight pin pointer then be looking at coils or accessories with all the money I saved.

mikesand

Feb 5, 2007
SE bucks Co. PA
Detector(s) used
BH Lonestar/ BH Pinpointer
Teknetics Liberator
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used it a couple of times. It helped me fing targets(coins) that were just on the sides of my hole after I removed the plug. It will definitely not hold up against rough use I believe.
HH
mikesand

Sep 9, 2010
Carson, California
Detector(s) used
Whites IDX Pro w/950 Coil, Bounty Hunter Fortune Hunter w/Gold Nugget Coil
I just got one myself and it does work but has a couple of issues. You almost have to touch your find to get a beep and it doesn't get stronger as you get closer it just beeps when you get there. The adjust knob has to be set right at the threshold and needs to be adjusted often. The battery cover is right in the palm of your hand and pops off to easily while probing. Also the adjust knob is on the front of the handle where it easily comes in contact with grass, dirt, or whatever your digging in. If you bump the knob in one direction it will beep constant and if you bump it the other way you'll never find your target. I found that removing the knob and using the pot shaft to adjust helps the issue a bit as it's a little harder to bump without the knob. Not bad for the price but not great either.

Attachments

• BHP.jpg
    BHP.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 578

Silenthunter

Sep 30, 2010
McKinney, Texas
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II
I'm my honest opinion, its junk, i have yet to locate any of the digs with it, if your not touching the target you wont even get a beep!!. On a scale from 1-10 i give it a 2 only for design, and handle. The battery cover is a royal pain, popping off every time you grab for it....solution electric tape. As for locating anything at a depth...forget it...not worth the money or the buy. I'm heading towards a Garret, seen it in use...and its sweet and ideal.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I had the bounty hunter like someone said you almost have to be touching the target to get it to sound off........ Also i could hardly hear it not loud at all........ So i got the Garrett Pro Pointer the best pin pointer i ever had........ The garrett IMO the best Pinpointer made........

Attachments

• 192x235.jpg
    192x235.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 580
  • 192x235.jpg
    192x235.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 565

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread