anyone useing an AT Gold with NEL coils

TheCaribbeanDigger

Aug 15, 2013
Puerto Rico
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher F75, Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I bought today the Snake coil from Nel. But mine is an ATP. I believe they are the same except the Gold operates at a higher KHZ and the adition of threshold? When I get my new Nel coil I'll keep you posted!

The Aluminum Monster

Mar 18, 2015
New Bedford, MA
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro, Tesoro Mojave, Garrett AT Pro, 5x8 DD, 15" NEL Attack, Garrett Pro-pointer, Pro Series 5x9 sand scoop, 30" Royal Compact sluice, 36" Bazooka Gold Trap, Gold Cube.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently bought the NEL Attack 15" for my AT Pro. I knew I would be gaining some depth over the stock coil which is what I needed for the fields I hunt. Since I was in "dig everything" mode at my mom's farm, I was shocked at the crater size holes I was having to dig for a 2 inch nail. That coil was hitting tiny targets VERY deep. I have had no separation loss and I find the pin pointing to just as good as the stock coil. Also, I had heard that the 15" could get exhausting, but I didn't find that to be the case. I was able to swing it for over an hour non-stop and that is AFTER swinging the 5x8 for five hours earlier in the morning. They sell harnesses but I don't see the need for one.

Seriously, a 2 inch nail was at the bottom of this 18 inch hole. I am in love with this coil. I am a firm believer in a coil for every situation which is why I have the 5x8, the stock and the 15".

farm3.jpg

Again, it was for the PRO but I hope the info helps.

OP
OP
bfloyd4445

bfloyd4445

May 18, 2015
Sacramento Ca. or Drain Or. USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Other
I recently bought the NEL Attack 15" for my AT Pro. I knew I would be gaining some depth over the stock coil which is what I needed for the fields I hunt. Since I was in "dig everything" mode at my mom's farm, I was shocked at the crater size holes I was having to dig for a 2 inch nail. That coil was hitting tiny targets VERY deep. I have had no separation loss and I find the pin pointing to just as good as the stock coil. Also, I had heard that the 15" could get exhausting, but I didn't find that to be the case. I was able to swing it for over an hour non-stop and that is AFTER swinging the 5x8 for five hours earlier in the morning. They sell harnesses but I don't see the need for one.

Seriously, a 2 inch nail was at the bottom of this 18 inch hole. I am in love with this coil. I am a firm believer in a coil for every situation which is why I have the 5x8, the stock and the 15".

View attachment 1173124

Again, it was for the PRO but I hope the info helps.

Yes, thanks much. If you get much deeper you better be prepared to speak chinese:laughing7:
Is that the 15x17 inch NEL Big? I was looking at their website and the largest coil they had looked to have the best depth.
I currently have only the stock coil but everyone tells me to get a sharpshooter coil. I think I should opt for something like the NEL Big 15x17 before a sharpshooter what do you think? I'm new to this only had my at gold for a week and a half.

Last edited:

TheCaribbeanDigger

Aug 15, 2013
Puerto Rico
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher F75, Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's like Aluminum Monster said. U need a coil for every situation. I have the big stock coil on my ATP. I have a pretty "hunted out" site and I bet you when I hit it again with the Snake coil I'll find more things that the big stock coil missed! Again I'm talking about a place where it's littered with old rusty nails. With the stock coil the last good thing I found was an old 1800's military button and in the same hole there where 4 nails! Not bad either!

OP
OP
bfloyd4445

bfloyd4445

May 18, 2015
Sacramento Ca. or Drain Or. USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Other
It's like Aluminum Monster said. U need a coil for every situation. I have the big stock coil on my ATP. I have a pretty "hunted out" site and I bet you when I hit it again with the Snake coil I'll find more things that the big stock coil missed! Again I'm talking about a place where it's littered with old rusty nails. With the stock coil the last good thing I found was an old 1800's military button and in the same hole there where 4 nails! Not bad either!

thanks. Today i found a cig lighter, bottle caps, peices of wire, and my big score a 45 calibre lead nose jacketed bullet. I've yet to find my sirst coin with my atg. My day will come...I hope<smile>

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread