What's new

Anyone using Minelab 800 in the water & diving

makahaman

Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 22, 2006
Messages
262
Reaction score
64
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northshore, Hawaiian Islands
I have my Minelab 800, just bought waterproof headphones. Can anyone tell me their experience with this machine for water hunting? Is it good? Is it average? Is it horrible? And how’s the beach settings for it? Thanks
 
Upvote 0
I have my Minelab 800, just bought waterproof headphones. Can anyone tell me their experience with this machine for water hunting? Is it good? Is it average? Is it horrible? And how’s the beach settings for it? Thanks
My friend has one, and I USED to have one.. they are good beach machines workable in the wet and dry sand. We never used them in the water though so I can’t tell you anything about that.
 
I have the 900 been using it for the past two months and love it!💛
 
I have had mine underwater multiple times with no issues, but I wade or snorkel, I dont dive so it was only few feet under water.
 
The 800's were more prone to leaks than the 900 or Manticore. I've never had a problem with my 800 in the surf, but, I've never dove with it.
 
The 800's were more prone to leaks than the 900 or Manticore. I've never had a problem with my 800 in the surf, but, I've never dove with it.
Just took it out in the water, leak leak leak! and its not covered under the warranty! A year or so late!! Im over Minelab!!!!
 
Just took it out in the water, leak leak leak! and its not covered under the warranty! A year or so late!! Im over Minelab!!!!
Sorry to hear that I always give my new machines a thorough baptism before any warranties run out!
 
I drowned 3 800s in the surf over 4 yrs. (Even drowned the CTX 3030 twice). Now have the Manticore and so far so good for 2-3 yrs. So I would not trust 800 in water and particularly not SCUBA diving. But it is a very good detector; just not waterproof.
 
I have owned 4 Excals, still have 3, none have ever leaked, but I also have the knob o-rings changed periodically like you are suppose to.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom