What's new

Anything interesting!?!

Momof3

Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 29, 2016
Messages
52
Reaction score
111
Golden Thread
0
Location
Fort Campbell ky
Detector(s) used
The trash finding kind!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep... Me again:icon_thumleft: I have a tendency to pick up every little flake! Some I just pick up because they're cool looking! Anyhoot the two pieces I'm having a hard time with are the round stone which is gritty on the edges and smooth on the top and bottom.. And the other is really gritty but the shape is artifact(ish)!
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    488.4 KB · Views: 134
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    1,000 KB · Views: 116
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    730.7 KB · Views: 136
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 112
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    775.6 KB · Views: 100
Upvote 0
Okay, the brown stone looks to be a Hammerstone. The smooth section is part of the original cortex and the gritty section is from where it was used to peck other stones into shape. The piece in the last two pictures looks like it might be a piece of Stigamria which is a fossil tree root.

Here's a video of one I found this past Spring in Lewis county Ky.



Here's a link to some Stigmaria. I think yours is just very highly eroded and doesn't show the holes very well.

https://www.google.com/search?q=sti...ved=0ahUKEwj2ocqOqvPNAhUB5CYKHZFVBokQ_AUIBygC
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom