Anything New For Garrett in the Near future?

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Garrett hasn't had a new line since the ACE. Having said that, they have had a lot of time to R&D a new machine, and I bet it will really be something. The waiting is the hardest part. Of course, some of the newest technology in metal detecting is exclusive to Garrett which includes (but not limited) to Imaging & Profiling (sizing an object) and of course the new Pro-Pointer, which tunes itself automatically and can also be detuned like a metal detector. And I forgot to mention, Garrett also came out with a new Land Mine Detector, which isn't available to us civilians.

"http://www.garrett.com/recon/r_aml_1000_view_detector.htm

Attachments

• 2006.jpg
    2006.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 332

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Garrett needs to revamp their top of the line machines. The GTI series is getting dated and the technology exists to really improve them. Also they need to cut back on weight with modern circutry and light weight materials. I have always been a Garrett fan but the industry is now way ahead of them in technology. If they did make improvements I would probably get back in their corner. I got one of the first ACE 250s and it has been a pleasure to use over the years. Monty

OP
OP
rjw4law

rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
that seems odd that the landmine detector is not for sale to civilians, but then again why would we need one.

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
rjw4law said:
that seems odd that the landmine detector is not for sale to civilians, but then again why would we need one.

Garrett runs classrooms on the proper usage of that detector. It is only available for International Peacekeeping Groups and of course military usage too.

brokenarrow

Jan 20, 2009
San Antonio,Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rjw4law said:
Two words.........Dog park LOL
sorry, just seemed funny at the time :tard:

OP
OP
rjw4law

rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Seriously, Garrett needs to step up to the place with a new model...

brokenarrow

Jan 20, 2009
San Antonio,Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rjw4law said:
Seriously, Garrett needs to step up to the place with a new model...
no jokes, yea Garrett really should take a few steps forward to stay in line with the other race horses.
But for the record.......thank you Mr. Charles Garrett for all you have done to make this hobby what it is today and we are just waiting patiently for your next masterpiece. :icon_salut:

OP
OP
rjw4law

rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
What I like best about the Garrett...the quality, its rugged and the beautiful sounding bell tone.

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
I was told about 7mo ago that they were working on a new model.Couldn't find out if it was a land or gold/water unit,but at the time they didn't think it would be ready by Xmas and obviously it wasn't.One thing for sure,when it does make an appearance,it will be a great machine after all this R&D.

snyper77

Nov 27, 2008
Greenwood, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Monty said:
Garrett needs to revamp their top of the line machines. The GTI series is getting dated and the technology exists to really improve them. Also they need to cut back on weight with modern circutry and light weight materials. I have always been a Garrett fan but the industry is now way ahead of them in technology. If they did make improvements I would probably get back in their corner. I got one of the first ACE 250s and it has been a pleasure to use over the years. Monty
I agree Monty. I have an Ace 250, and yes, I feel it's worth every penny of $200. Great entry level machine. But I'm ready for a more serious unit and have decided on the new Minelab Xterra 705. Looks like one sweet device.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread