N.J.THer
Silver Member
- Joined
- Nov 16, 2006
- Messages
- 3,283
- Reaction score
- 240
- Golden Thread
- 1
- Location
- Middlesex County, New Jersey
- 🥇 Banner finds
- 1
- Detector(s) used
- Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
- Primary Interest:
- Metal Detecting
JP,
The one thing I would add about a permit system is that anyone should be able to get a permit...no restrictions but you could lose the permit if you don't follow the rules - whatever they maybe. Of course the rules should not be to restrictive. Depending on how severe the breaking of the rules was you could either be suspended for a period of time or lose the right to have a permit for life.
NJ
The one thing I would add about a permit system is that anyone should be able to get a permit...no restrictions but you could lose the permit if you don't follow the rules - whatever they maybe. Of course the rules should not be to restrictive. Depending on how severe the breaking of the rules was you could either be suspended for a period of time or lose the right to have a permit for life.
NJ
The average archaeologist makes $11-15 an hour. Site supervisors/managers may make $30-40k a year depending on the company. Seriously, I don't think y'all really realize how little archaeologists make. I have no agenda either way, but I will call a spade a spade and one thing I know for a fact is that the vast majority of archaeologists make very little. I'll be happy to send you copies of my W-2's when I was doing archaeology. I have a MA in Archaeology from one of the top schools in the world and I never broke $11.50 an hour and it wasn't even full time. There may have been money in archaeology in its infancy when it was more like collecting, but nowadays, there is no money in archaeology.







