What's new

Archaic lithic?

wetfly

Full Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2012
Messages
235
Reaction score
163
Golden Thread
0
Found this in western nc near little snowbird creek graham county. Any ideas?? Beautiful country with areas of awesome potential! I have been stumped on this big one for a while!
 

Attachments

  • image-2498836417.webp
    image-2498836417.webp
    59.1 KB · Views: 200
  • image-1316400483.webp
    image-1316400483.webp
    48.8 KB · Views: 188
  • image-1810072443.webp
    image-1810072443.webp
    21.1 KB · Views: 162
Upvote 0
Starting to miss those north Carolina mountains!!
 

Attachments

  • image-2355201472.webp
    image-2355201472.webp
    104.2 KB · Views: 161
  • image-3711944693.webp
    image-3711944693.webp
    76.5 KB · Views: 172
  • image-3942831237.webp
    image-3942831237.webp
    50.4 KB · Views: 137
  • image-3182362548.webp
    image-3182362548.webp
    85.1 KB · Views: 165
  • image-2959269411.webp
    image-2959269411.webp
    54 KB · Views: 146
  • image-1481532293.webp
    image-1481532293.webp
    82.6 KB · Views: 157
I would sure want to run a metal detector near that wall. Beautiful area looks like Tennessee
 
Robbinsville nc ,just the tail of the dragon away from tellico!----that wall is just a few miles downstream from Bryson nc before Fontana lake!
Didn't have a detector then but when I go
Back up I'll be looking in that area fer sure!
 
I love my state!! From coast to hills. All of it feels like home to me.
 
Still really stumped on that big worked piece of stone I found ?? Half of it is quartz and the other half appears to be a sandstone? No idea at all
 
Sorry man, I don't see it. It looks like a rock to me personally. If it really was affected by Indians, they may have broken pieces off it to make them into points. Maybe the material is particularly good, so they chipped it many times to make pieces for many points.

By the way, nice pictures. I am heading to NC in two weeks on a vacation, and I can't wait. It looks like a really special state.

Even if it is a rock, looks like you had a good time outside! :icon_thumright:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom