Pretty extreme BigScoop. In one respect I do agree with you. Minelab can read the tea leaves just like you and I, and they see a need to balance the general view of metal detecting now that it is under a full blown attack - brought on by badly thought out television shows. This "war" has just begun, and we (metal detector hobbyists) are very short on ammunition.
Shouting into the wind will not help our cause. Education and positive public relations, starting at the Elementary School level - is what Metal Detector manufacturers and hobbyists must focus on, and this video and others like it move us in that direction. I appreciate your anger and frustration, but focusing it on "volunteer" metal detectorists and moderate archeologists is counter productive.
For those of you that do not agree with comprimise and education, tell me what you would do to move our hobby forward in these unsure times of possible overregulation and community bans.