What's new

Are 1266 x coils compatible with F75

LaTxHunter

Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2011
Messages
32
Reaction score
25
Golden Thread
0
I just bought a F75 (great machine!) and have one of the large hot head coils that I used to use with my 1265 and 1266. DOes anyone know if it will work with the F75?
 
The plug that fits into the control housing is now different than the old machines. Even if it was compatible it would not plug in.
 
Thanks guys. I don't have to dig through the storage room to find them now.
 
Even if all the pins match up in the plugs, the coil must be tuned to the detector.
 
how would u tune a coil to a detector is it in the windings. I thought it was just a transmit and receiver setup but admittedly my knowledge of electronics is very limited
 
metal mania said:
how would u tune a coil to a detector is it in the windings. I thought it was just a transmit and receiver setup but admittedly my knowledge of electronics is very limited

A lot of very valid math goes into what coils work with what machines. Windings, the number of "turns" and the guage of the windings, the relationship between Tx and Rx windings, etc. all determine what the optimal frequency range is for a given coil. Machines are frequency dependent and frequencies vary widely depending on what the machine's intended application is.

So a machine running at a given frequency range will use a coil that is manufactured to operate at that frequency range.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom