Oct 12, 2006
Herndon Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, EX II, & Musketeer, White's Classic
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
mdsandals.jpg

The Metal Detecting Sandals.
These are the sandals that can detect metal while you walk, allowing you to find buried artifacts while strolling the beach. A copper coil built into the right sandal is powered via a battery pack that straps to your calf. Using beat frequency oscillation technology, the ring creates a magnetic field; when a metal object is underfoot--up to 2'--it distorts the field and the battery pack alerts you to the presence of metal using a flashing red light and either a gentle vibration or a clearly audible buzz. Requires one 9-volt battery (not included)--provides up to six hours of use. The sandals have non-skid soles and polyurethane foam footbeds. Black. Sizes M (Men's 7 1/2-9, Women's 8 1/2-10) and L (Men's 9 1/2-12, Women's 10 1/2-13). (1 lb.)

Item 76779 $59.95

We have a beach here in northern Calif. (Stinson Beach) that is illegal to hunt. it's regularly patrolled by state rangers that will fine you and possibly confiscate your metal detector if you get caught detecting there >:( What a perfect way to get around a ridicules regulation.

Where did you find this? We should market that thing, as you know we could fleece the naive. Perhaps we could sell it to the military as a mine detector, too. This idea just begs to be 'As Seen on TV'. Interesting post. You did not buy it, did you?

someone made and advertised the same type of things in the 80's or so. I don't know how well they worked.

What a joke, odds of finding anything worth much other then trash is pretty much nill, and odds of getting in trouble if used in illegal areas is high...

Treasure_Hunter said:
What a joke, odds of finding anything worth much other then trash is pretty much nill, and odds of getting in trouble if used in illegal areas is high...
That's the same thing I thought

So if you use these to detect where you're not supposed to you're less likely to be picked up for that, but more likely to be picked up because you look like you're on house arrest?

First off you would need to move your foot side to side
or Drag it forward while Walking, Bringing attention to
yourself.

If you got a signal you would still need to
Dig or at least bend over & Pick the item up

so you either look like an idiot, or Cripple
while using it.

And if it's an Illegal spot to
hunt you would most definately get caught
and arrested.

At least getting caught with a Detector you can Play Ignorence.

Getting caught With the shoes
(No matter how useless) you just look Guilty
trying to get away with something.

When I read the title and opened this thread I was thinking boobs. :laughing9:

What a let down. :-\ :D

C'mon folks! These are great ( :thumbsup:). You just wear a pair of black over the calf socks and explain to the LEO, if stopped, that you suffer from poor circulation and chronically cold feet and these are just battery operated electric socks. ;D

As if wearing black socks with sandles doesn't make you look nerdy enough :tard:, but then you have to walk sweeping each foot side to side......I am sure there are a few gullable fools that have bought them though.... : :icon_scratch:

The sock ideal is ok, but what do you tell people when your foot starts beepen???????

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back