What's new

Are we allowed to panning at Dan River, North Carolina?

emseda

Greenie
Joined
Aug 14, 2010
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
I know we can't at State parks, but what about the state river (Dan River) that river is fulll of minerals. Can someone tell me please.
Frank
 
Hi, Well I Think if the river go's through the state park they may say no , But I maybe wrong . But Good Luck. Coin finder :icon_thumleft:
 
emseda said:
I know we can't at State parks, but what about the state river (Dan River) that river is fulll of minerals. Can someone tell me please.
Frank

Where abouts on the Dan are you thinking about. Big river, lots of places, some public some private but the waterway is public unless posted otherwise. It is a navigable river and the public can use it.

Were it me, I'd go to one of the public accesses near where I wanted to explore. I'd look for any signs that say, "No panning" or "No hunting for mineral wealth" or "No Trespassing".

If there aren't any signs that say "NO" or "Unlawful" I'd start panning or what ever you have in mind.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom