ARE YOU FINDING ANYTHING?

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
While prospecting not many days go by that I don't encounter someone that asks "Are You Finding Anything". Since this forum covers a wide territory I was wondering if anyone had a standard phrase they use in those situations. Mine is simply "Specks".

Upvote 0
While prospecting not many days go by that I don't encounter someone that asks "Are You Finding Anything". Since this forum covers a wide territory I was wondering if anyone had a standard phrase they use in those situations. Mine is simply "Specks".

"Not much, i may need to move spots soon here..."

Nope but I got the pan for $1 at a garage sale so I thought I would give it a try. That Black box over there is just a beer cooler. You need to shovel rocks in the keep the beer from floating away.

Nope but I got the pan for $1 at a garage sale so I thought I would give it a try. That Black box over there is just a beer cooler. You need to shovel rocks in the keep the beer from floating away.
I like you're style haha

Just picked up the new Notka Fors gold detector yesterday and lots to learn but this weekend will hopefully find some shine and less bears and snakes-John

"Oh, just a little here and there..." At Salmon Falls area, the amount of rafters coming by asking the same question has led me to pack up just about 1pm.... At least 50 times the question is asked... Annoying.

Rafting guide "off to your left is a modern day prospector, 3/4 of the gold still remains even after the rush". Are you getting any? I just give 2 big thumbs up and smile. Leave a good impression on the city folk!

I was down in the jungle the other day. Didn"t find any gold. But I did find some diamonds.

What? You mean we're supposed to FIND something?!?! I was just washing the rocks off because they're just sooo dirty!

...and yes, I AM a smarta$$ and love it at times!

My usual reply......."It's been a good day, almost got enough to buy a cup of coffee today".

I've yet to find enough to have to come up with a line.

"Nothing but trash, but I do it to keep the creek clean, not for myself."

If I see someone and they see me, they ask, every time.

"Just enough to keep me coming back"

I also like the story you hear most everywhere, where just around this area some guy found a ___ Gram nugget.

I wish I had a phrase to post but I've never seen people while prospecting lol. If I ever come across anyone I'll steal one of these ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back