Europe
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Upvote 5
great old coins....good luck on all your hunts

Very cool end of Byzantine period/Medieval coinage, in very good condition, I wish we had those here.

Thanks for a comments!
CruMaster: what do you think about the argenteus? Its a barbaric imitation or...?
Because the portrait very simply, and the sign isnt DIOCLETIANVS+AVG just DIOCETIANVS+AVG

Nice coins!

interestingly ,I think its a barbaric imitation

Thanks for a comments!
CruMaster: what do you think about the argenteus? Its a barbaric imitation or...?
Because the portrait very simply, and the sign isnt DIOCLETIANVS+AVG just DIOCETIANVS+AVG
Not familar with this one, but looks like an imitation & spelt wrong, but I will get Dad to check the books & report soon.

Very nice! The Antonian is way better than every one i have seen here! And the cupcoins are amazing! You have a forgiving soil there thats for sure!

Thank you for a comments!
Cru: wait your dad's answer:)
WF: like this soil:)

Here's Cru'Dads thoughts:

'It is clearly not typical of the usual quality strike etc but also depends how much wear is also involved. It is the argenteus AR type of Diocletian with Rev 4 tetrarchs sacrificing before city walls with 6 turrets as in RSC 516 circa AD294. Certainly seems more like a barbarous imitation especially as the Emperor’s name mis-spelled. Unusual, though for that era and thus a fascinating little find.'

Last edited:
I think I'd die if I found something that old and cool. Congrats.

Thank you for an answer!
Like it very-very much! :hello2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back