ARIZONA MINING LAWS (UPDATE)

DOCC77

Jan 13, 2007
This is a letter I recieved in response to my letter to the Senator;

March 8,2007

Dear Mr. Perreault :

Thank you for writing to me about mining on federal lands. I appreciate hearing your thoughts on the issue.

I strongly feel that the 1872 General Mining Act is outdated and needs to be reformed in order to better reflect our modern society's values with regard to protection of our public lands. I intend to work with Natural Resources Committee Chairman Nick J. Rahall, Jr. on reforming the Act during the 110 th Congress.

With regard to what you heard about the possible banning of treasure trove hunting and other small-scale activities such as rockhounding , nothing could be further from the truth. I can assure you that activities with negligible impacts on the public lands, such as those not requiring earth-moving equipment, construction of roads, or the use of toxic or hazardous materials, will not be affected by our effort to reform the Mining Act.

Thank you again for communicating with me. I hope you will stay in touch on other matters of importance to you.

Sincerely,

Raul M. Grijalva

Member of Congress

I hope this helps some of you outthere.When I wrote him I really gave him HE**.I dont think he liked when I told him that it would be his last term in office if he did this...Lets see what happens.All interested parties should write him a letter.I emailed mine and he answered.I was surprised!!!

heres his email address; [email protected]

OP
OP
D

DOCC77

Jan 13, 2007
believe me,Im not for one bit fooled.Im just amazed he even had the guts to respond to my letter in the first place.I think we all should keep on his back and make sure he dosent sneek one in on us...Thanks for the reply....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread