Arizona Quarter-Extra Cactus Leaves

TxAg

May 7, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have found around ten 2008-P Arizona "Extra Cactus Leaf" error quarters. Some with the extra leaf over the initials, some above the date. But, I have never found one with both extra cactus leaves until now. This quarter was in a cash register at a local thrift store where I buy the change for face value, search it, and dump it at my bank. It's a win for the thrift store as they don't have to process the coins, and obviously a win for me when I find something worth keeping. It's beat up on the obverse, but reverse is in better shape. The last picture is a regular reverse (no extra cactus leaves).

2008-P Arizona Extra Cactus Leaves Obv.jpg
2008-P Arizona Extra Cactus Leaves Rev.jpg
2008-P Arizona Extra Cactus Leaves Over Initials.jpg
2008-P Arizona Extra Cactus Leaves Over 2.jpg
2008-P Arizona Regular Rev.jpg

Upvote 0

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
add 2 more-- I have 1 with double crack from rim to top of tree and 1 with crack from rim to bottom of tree with dual lumps at initials. have over 15 with chips at the initials. those dies must be recycled Chinese steel:laughing9:.

OP
OP
TxAg

TxAg

May 7, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
add 2 more-- I have 1 with double crack from rim to top of tree and 1 with crack from rim to bottom of tree with dual lumps at initials. have over 15 with chips at the initials. those dies must be recycled Chinese steel:laughing9:.

Thanks PEA, I'll have to look for the die crack.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread