What's new

Army Signal Corps Machine

mojjax

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2005
Messages
4,564
Reaction score
4,092
Golden Thread
0
Location
MAINE
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was wondering what this was used for ? How old ? Or any other info , thanks much !

it is quite heavy.
 

Attachments

  • army 010.webp
    army 010.webp
    30.8 KB · Views: 307
  • army 006.webp
    army 006.webp
    47.6 KB · Views: 299
  • army 008.webp
    army 008.webp
    34.8 KB · Views: 286
  • army 009.webp
    army 009.webp
    42.8 KB · Views: 277
I think you have a power supply to one of the old wall projectors. From the controller's it operated two of them.. Just a guess.
DG
 
Upvote 0
Amplifier for presentations/movies. Incoming signals from microphones, phonographs and projectors output only a few watts of power. Your amplifier would take the incoming signal (selectable by switch on right) and output the amplified signal to output and/or monitor speakers. Not quite sure about the "bridge input/output", but may have been used to patch mono to dual speaker output. Also not quite sure about the "Change Over" connector, but maybe a wired remote control to switch between projectors???
I'm guessing late 1930's - early 1960's... Shock mounting suggests maybe used in the field? Maybe for USO type shows or just for tent use at a military camp...
-whynot
 
Upvote 0
Thanks for the info ! Unfortunately I have 2 of them .
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom