rginn
Gold Member
- Joined
- Oct 16, 2007
- Messages
- 9,220
- Reaction score
- 13,578
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Summit County, CO
- Detector(s) used
- White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
- #1
Thread Owner
Neanderthal brought up some points that interested me in the American Indian Artifiacts forum in regards to selling arrowheads. At first I was offended, but I read more of what he said and understood his viewpoint. I have many artifacts and don't worship them. They have value to me but not monetary value. I really did not know there was a market for arrowheads until about 20 years ago. I should have known, because Spiro Mounds were destroyed by people who marketed artifiacts. I have no idea what their priorities were. I just wondered, how many folks 'hunt arrowheads' solely with the intent of selling them? It's probably no different than marketing other antiquities. How many folks feel differently?
The few pieces that I have dug myself would be very hard for me to part with as also with my MDing collection! I love American Indian artifacts! They are truly an icon of our history and culture!
It sounds to me like you are giving them the repect they so deserve so Bravo to you RGINN! 






