What's new

Artifact or Art?

undertaker

Hero Member
Joined
May 26, 2006
Messages
562
Reaction score
337
Golden Thread
0
Location
Green Mountains of Vermont
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 and Whites Bullseye II Pinpointer
I saw this little bowl a a antique shop and thought if it was authentic I would by it in a heartbeat. Problem is I don't know squat about indian pottery. I have found shards in the past but nothing like this. Im thinking if this was excavated like the dealer says it would be in a lot worst condition. It does appear to have a older pantina even where the rim is chipped. Anyone have any thoughts or opinions. Has a face on front and four lizzard like legs and feet.
 

Attachments

  • 014.webp
    014.webp
    20.5 KB · Views: 114
  • 017.webp
    017.webp
    17.4 KB · Views: 117
  • 022.webp
    022.webp
    22.2 KB · Views: 135
  • 019.webp
    019.webp
    37.5 KB · Views: 124
  • 018.webp
    018.webp
    24.7 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:
Upvote 0
So hard to tell with pottery. Is the price high?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom