As promised, the settings I used.. BOOM program

MetalArchSC

Feb 14, 2017
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BOOM program settings-
(Modified Gary’s Sonar Program)
See a video link below to watch the sonar program score big time at DIV.

Built off the Deep Program #6
Freq. Tweeked by shifting to lowest 28
Iron 0
Reactivity 4
Audio 3
Disc -6.4
Expert 3 tones
2nd 202 breaks @ 9
****Sens. 88
Gary’s sonar program uses 90. But after some time using it 90 seems overwhelmingly too sensitive with shallow iron. If you are in a rocky area that has coke, this program will keep you from being fooled by it with the use of the x/y screen. I use the x/y screen in all my programs. I don’t look at the controller most of the time. If I’m not sure for some reason, the x/y screen gives you an added clue.

New to x/y screen? Basically a straight up and down line is coke. Upper right to bottom left area is non ferrous. Big mess all over, big iron. The longer the line, the shallower or bigger the target. The shorter, the deeper or smaller. A squiggly circle in the center is a deep target that you just need to dig to find out. Of course, digging it all is the only FULL proof method.

Where there’s rocky subsoil, 8 inches deep or less and possible shallow big iron w/ possible coke... this is now my go to program for that situation.

Here’s a video link to a XPTeamUSA rep using Gary’s Sonar program at this past DIV. Buttons and a plate.

OP
OP
M

MetalArchSC

Feb 14, 2017
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Forgot to mention... I started out using tracking... peeked now and then at the GB numbers for a bit and decided to try manual and picked a middle of the road number of 88. Pumping for one would not have worked where I was digging. Tracking works well for me normally.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread