Ashamed this happened in my state. And we wonder why permissions are hard to get.

DownEast_Detecting

Feb 26, 2020
Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
243D4FCD-0B71-4D2E-AA67-F26A42E30ADE.jpeg

02D69227-7729-469C-96B5-7D08FD314F49.jpeg

AC2CE221-6A62-4684-8A10-32DE3551E933.jpeg

It’s so disheartening to see this. I’m so angry at these people. It’s a privately owned kids soccer field. Detecting here is just wrong is so many ways. Even if it was a public park. I still wouldn’t be digging holes on a soccer field were kids play. And look at the damage they did. They didn’t even fill in their holes or dig plugs properly. Ugh makes me so mad when losers like this put a bad name on the rest of us. Thanks to Facebook though, they did get recognized from the photos and are being charged. There were a few detectorist that were not involved that volunteered to come down and help fix the field. But because of Facebook and local news coverage the damage to our reputation is permanent. I doubt anybody will be getting new permissions in that town for while.

Digginitdaily

Apr 24, 2023
View attachment 2105390
View attachment 2105391

View attachment 2105392

It’s so disheartening to see this. I’m so angry at these people. It’s a privately owned kids soccer field. Detecting here is just wrong is so many ways. Even if it was a public park. I still wouldn’t be digging holes on a soccer field were kids play. And look at the damage they did. They didn’t even fill in their holes or dig plugs properly. Ugh makes me so mad when losers like this put a bad name on the rest of us. Thanks to Facebook though, they did get recognized from the photos and are being charged. There were a few detectorist that were not involved that volunteered to come down and help fix the field. But because of Facebook and local news coverage the damage to our reputation is permanent. I doubt anybody will be getting new permissions in that town for while.
I can't speak against hunting the public fields because I sometimes do. But there's rules to follow. I know what I'm after before I start. And it's usually where everyone sits not plays. It appears tgese fellas dug a cannon ball several feet deep or they were just wandering aimlessly without a purpose. I go back several days later just to make sure everything is filled in. If I were them, I'd buy some grass seed and a yard of top soil to put down before I sent the apology letter and donation to the sports departments!

OP
OP
DownEast_Detecting

DownEast_Detecting

Feb 26, 2020
Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't speak against hunting the public fields because I sometimes do. But there's rules to follow. I know what I'm after before I start. And it's usually where everyone sits not plays. It appears tgese fellas dug a cannon ball several feet deep or they were just wandering aimlessly without a purpose. I go back several days later just to make sure everything is filled in. If I were them, I'd buy some grass seed and a yard of top soil to put down before I sent the apology letter and donation to the sports departments!
Yeah i mean even with permission or if it was public. I would never leave the mess this couple did. Its kind of ridiculous. And they have been identified, so its going to be a little more than buying grass seed. I believe the police are involved and they will be charged. You can tell they knew what they were up to was no good. Because they snuck onto the field at 2am, you can also see the guy holding a beer in his other hand. Bunch of jokers and all that for what i can only assume was some modern clad coins.

Digginitdaily

Apr 24, 2023
Yeah i mean even with permission or if it was public. I would never leave the mess this couple did. Its kind of ridiculous. And they have been identified, so its going to be a little more than buying grass seed. I believe the police are involved and they will be charged. You can tell they knew what they were up to was no good. Because they snuck onto the field at 2am, you can also see the guy holding a beer in his other hand. Bunch of jokers and all that for what i can only assume was some modern clad coins.
Hey, hold my beer while I dig this!

LandSeig

May 16, 2020
Southeast Tx
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, NEL Storm coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I asked for permission on a dilapidated late 1800s house yesterday and was turned down because it was to much is a liability, cant say I blame them to much though.

Slowtaknow

Oct 27, 2015
Kannapolis nc
Detector(s) used
Fisher f2, Tesoro vaquero, Nokta Simplex, Garrett Csi 250, whites gold master 2.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just looking at there machines, not that I'm knocking them. But notice neither look top notch, like both are beginners per say. Yes I know they work but what I'm saying is they don't looked seasoned at all or invested deep into the hobby or profession for some. They need an education after the fines and fees.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread