trikikiwi said:Crikey, that's about the fourth Chinese cash coin that has been posted here in a week.What is happening?
Or - What happened??
Is it that all your storms are uncovering a distinct layer of an era?
In New Zealand, those coins would have arrived here, around the 1850's following all ourGOLD
discoveries. Not that long after the rushes of 49 in Californ i A
Mike
I heard some lady lost her high school ring on the beach here in Maryland... It was found 10300 miles away in Australia........ Urban legend or true


dakotama95 said:Wow it seems like everyone is finding these all of a sudden. Still a nice find. With the mint mark I would lean more towards it being a real chinese cash coin than a souvenir coin.
Montana Jim said:dakotama95 said:Wow it seems like everyone is finding these all of a sudden. Still a nice find. With the mint mark I would lean more towards it being a real chinese cash coin than a souvenir coin.
Not really... they copy the mintmarks too... the problem with Chinese Cash Coins is that they are older than dirt, but so abundant and worthless (with many exceptions) that the common coins are copied like crazy. It costs more to ship an authentic one than it's worth.
jraven said:I found what seems to be some type of Asian coin... It was found on the beach in Ocean City MD... Any ideas?? Thx