Assist from the experts...

D

DeepThought

Please jump in - I took my dfx out after a short haitus and find it unusable. The 191 tones is an overkill & makes tone id ludicrous. Signals always sound broken up to one extent or another.......you spend most of your time trying different settings in stead of finding targets. With my tracker iv, I could tell you coin denomination and depth by the "roundness" of the sound. DFX sounds like a cacophony of noise. I took up the hobby to relieve stress...not induce it. I've read all the various books on dfx....what is needed is a posting of the various tones/targets, etc. What.s the deal, Whites? there is no doubt I could out-perform the dfx with the tracker....

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fella's Right.:icon_thumleft:

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The tracker won't come close to what the DFX can do, you probably should have got a M6 or MXT that have less adjustments and are easier to use. You need to know what adjustments your making and how they might affect other settings on the DFX to get the most out of it. HH

goen 4 gold

Apr 12, 2012
bellevue ohio
Detector(s) used
WHITES- dfx,dx1,d2 coil 4x6 shooter coil.....
beach hunter id 300, vibra probe pin pointer.....
GARRETT-ace 250

warren tweed pick,
GPAA pans
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
when I first got mine I ran the factory presets,,the digging deeper book twisted my mind...seirras book helped me make the transition from factory to custom. it took a couple of months to learn it, learn what each control does and how to benefit from it. but well worth the learn!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread