AT Pro/relic question....

Eagledigs

Feb 17, 2012
Hattiesburg, MS
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have permission to hunt several acres in Vicksburg,Ms. I have hunted it several times and have found minie balls and buck and ball, canister shot and shell fragments. My question is what will a buckle generally read? What about the larger uniform buttons? I have been using the stock DD coil and love it..Some of the stuff I found has been in trashy areas but I am going to go deeper in the woods this weekend.Should I go w/ my 9x12 coil in the clean area? Any suggestions are appreciated..

I believe if you are hunting in pro mode all metal, you should dig every good sound. Dug staff button sounded like a penny (about a 78?). Dug an Iron stirrup that ran at about 69,, I guess because it was about 18 inches deep. I imagine a buckle will seem like a beer can :tongue3:.
Go slow, I cannot believe how many little brads I have been able to dig, I don't remember finding those before.

I have been thinking about a smaller coil for mine for trashy areas. But I still get alot of goodies with the standard coil in trashy areas.

The 9X12 is a bigger coil than standard? Hope your ground is soft, That is a lot of digging!

Thanks, Dave..Yeah, the 9x12 is my largest coil..The canister shot I dug was hitting 32-35..So I am digging a lot of trash in that range, but you never know. I am hunting in the Pro mode custom..I am jealous of you Virginia diggers! A lot of great places to hunt in your neck of the woods..Take care..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back