JSMITH

Feb 23, 2013
Idaho
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO,Garrett Ace 250,Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It all started with a text message about 8pm on a saturday night a couple weeks back. A family friend I hadn't seen in a few years was wondering if I still had a metal detector. I answered yes and asked why of course! They proceeded to tell me about their whirlwind day of sledding and snowball fights in the mountains outside of town. While they had tons of fun, they also lost their keys in the process! I told them I would be happy to lend my services and try to find them. The set of keys they lost was quite a mix and hard to replace without a huge hassle so it was a bit urgent. I suggested we go immediately to the sledding grounds with headlamps and flashlights. Being a high traffic area, I assumed that if we waited until the next day they may get worked deeper into the snow and be lost until spring. So off we went into the dark and snowy night with equipment in tow. We get to the hill about an hour out of town and the first thing I ask is "where did you crash and burn the hardest on the sleds today?" I was shown an area at the bottom of the hill that was approximately 30'ร—30' and he says "somewhere in here....I think". So I fired up the detector and started to grid. I started hitting targets right away and instructed my friend to dig where I pinpointed. We went through about 75% of the area and dug all trash. Thoughts of moving to a different area on the hill were creeping in, but I just had that feeling. It was the most likely place. We eased over towards the far left side and into the last remaining portion of the "crash zone" and the detector lit up with a good signal. I instructed my friend to dig and there they were! About 8 inches down in the compacted snow. The look on his face was priceless! AT Pro saved the day! HH everyone.

Attachments

• 1452835788900.jpg
    1452835788900.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 185

CaptjimUP

Oct 17, 2015
Chassell, MI
Detector(s) used
Garret Grand Master Hunter CXIII
Garrett AT PRO
Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats awesome!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
nominated for honorable mention....great job !!!

OP
OP
J

JSMITH

Feb 23, 2013
Idaho
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO,Garrett Ace 250,Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you guys, appreciate the comments! Thanks for the vote Bigfoot!

Pinball

Dec 18, 2014
Ashland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You must have felt like a million dollars. Nice job...I am hoping you find BIG silver on your next outing. Nice story.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread