AT Team Relic Hunted During Rain & Snow, Then Performed Spoon/Lure Metamorphosis

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
DSC_0417.JPG

My buddy and I met at Mc-Doggies for breakfast, and discussed some viable hunting spots. The 40% weather forecast for snow ended up being 100%. Luckily, it melted as soon as it hit the fields and trees. The weapons of trash reduction consisted of an AT Pro for my buddy, and the AT Gold for myself. Both machines utilized the 5" x 8" coils. The quartzite (eyeballed) may have been a leftover chip from building a stone tool of some sort.

DSC_0424.JPG

Here are the coins and grey matter. That coil can sniff out some nice deep coin size or smaller targets. The soil in this area is pretty hard on silver and copper coins.

P9100104.JPG

What I thought was an old rusty piece of iron turned out to be an old jack-knife. You just never know?

DSC_0444.JPG

Here are the better coins. The silver dime and quarter date somewhere from the late 30" to the early 50's. Those dates had worn off.

DSC_0427.JPG

Here are the 3 spoons found converted into spoon rings and a red devil also formed to a ring. The brass was stained real bad, and after sanding multiple times and polishing....I just couldn't get an even colored lure-ring, as the staining remained. That GEARGIA CAFE spoon was a great find!

34_NEWLOGO_2_9.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread