ATTN: Minelab Vanquish Owners - URGENT!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I took my Vanquish apart this morning to give it a good cleaning, taking the lower rod, and arm rest rod completely off. I ran water through the opening for the armrest rod, and the upper rod to get all the dust and dirt out. In the process, I think I must have gotten some water into the control box through the handle? Tried to fire it up and nothing.

I'm not in a panic yet, and I'm trying to let the unit dry for a few hours before I try it again. Just be advised!

Attachments

• IMG_4394.jpg
    IMG_4394.jpg
    977.1 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_4395.jpg
    IMG_4395.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 77
  • IMG_4396 (1).jpg
    IMG_4396 (1).jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 107

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wrap it up with rice somehow or silica beads. That should draw any moisture out of it.

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Oops. I’m sure it’ll be fine once it dries. When I first started detecting I dropped my Ace 250 in the lake and it wouldn’t turn on. Took it all apart and laid it out to dry. Next day worked liked nothing happened. 10yrs later it’s still working. Good luck I hope it works after.

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
IT'S ALIVE! Thank you to the detector gawds! Dried out, and turned on!:hello2::notworthy:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe hair dryer if it gets wet again.

67GTA

Dec 3, 2017
Franklin, KY
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 XP Deus 2 Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Took mine apart last night after seeing your thread. It doesn't look like water would go through the handle to the control box, but I'm sure none of the internal seams are 100% sealed. I've been thinking about the best way to clean the buttons. Maybe alcohol and a tooth brush.

67GTA

Dec 3, 2017
Franklin, KY
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 XP Deus 2 Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just for future reference, alcohol and a tooth brush works great for cleaning the buttons. Probably best to use 70% or higher.

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Took mine apart last night after seeing your thread. It doesn't look like water would go through the handle to the control box, but I'm sure none of the internal seams are 100% sealed. I've been thinking about the best way to clean the buttons. Maybe alcohol and a tooth brush.

After a lot of thought, I may have been careless and splashed water into the empty battery compartment, which opens directly to the electronic boards. Lesson learned!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread