What's new

Australian Flag....How Old ?

mojjax

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2005
Messages
4,564
Reaction score
4,092
Golden Thread
0
Location
MAINE
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got this at a yard sale the other day , I was about ready to put it out on our pole , when I read the tag , I thought it would be better to keep indoors .
It is in mint condition , all stitched . Bronze hardware on manila ropes .

Any idea how old it is ?

We live on a hill , so our flags get shredded in a few months , with all the wind .
 

Attachments

  • at 020.webp
    at 020.webp
    34 KB · Views: 214
  • at 024.webp
    at 024.webp
    26.9 KB · Views: 213
  • at 026.webp
    at 026.webp
    47.4 KB · Views: 209
Re: Austrailian Flag....How Old ?

The earliest date referred to on the flag label is the 1956 Melbourne Olympic games.
The latest is for the VIII th British Empire and Commonwealth Games which was in
1966 in Jamaica. So it would have to be after that date.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Austrailian Flag....How Old ?

Thanks Kiwijohn for your swift response . :wave:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom