What's new

Automobile emblem?

AlabamaRelic

Hero Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2009
Messages
565
Reaction score
609
Golden Thread
0
Location
NW Alabama
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I found this emblem in an old shed at work. Anyone know what it came off of?



DSC00695.jpg
 
Here's the back. It looks like it may have came out of a steering wheel.


DSC00697.jpg
 
Upvote 0
It looks familiar - but, just cannot put my finger on it.

At first, I thought maybe a deflection emblem, but, that really doesn't fit.

Beth
 
Upvote 0
I have seen this emblem somewhere but I don't know where. It doesn't really look like a reflector in person. It has a glass cover on it. It has some writing on the back. 65689 3AC-1141- I figured someone would recognize it pretty quick. It might fit in the center of an automobile wheel or hubcap.
 
Upvote 0
It looks very similar to the antique Cadillac emblems, but it is not exactly the same. Maybe it looks familiar to you because it resembles the Cadillacs. How many inches in diameter? Breezie
 
Upvote 0
Center of a hubcap from a Mercury Grand Marquis. Used through most of the 80's I believe.
 
Upvote 0
Judging from the back, it looks like a vintage wheel cap; here's one from a Cadillac. Breezie
 

Attachments

  • CadillacWheelCap.webp
    CadillacWheelCap.webp
    7.8 KB · Views: 446
Upvote 0
DigginThePast said:
Center of a hubcap from a Mercury Grand Marquis. Used through most of the 80's I believe.


That's it. Thanks.
 

Attachments

  • 1157bFCCMWC.webp
    1157bFCCMWC.webp
    14 KB · Views: 470
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom