What's new

Avon bottles

acevillav

Hero Member
Joined
May 5, 2005
Messages
854
Reaction score
57
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Everybody, I see tons of Avon bottle for @50 cents at thrift stores and garage sales. Are they worth buying? Is there a market for them ???

Any advice would be great and thanks in advance for your help :icon_thumleft:


Ace Villa-v
 
acevillav said:
Any advice would be great and thanks in advance for your help
personally, I stay away from them. I see them all the time too. Besides they stink :wink: (I once bought a gold filled chain that was in a box that someone spilled perfume in. I keep it in a sealed baggy in a closed box. Everytime I add to my GF stash I smell that chain. I even washed it in dish soap)

I have heard that there are collectors, do an ebay search on closed auctions and see what sells.

You might try to cross sell. Don't list them as avon (but do mention in ad) Let me explain. People collect a lot of different things. I have a friend that collects chicken k-rap. Not the barnyard floor variety but anything to do with chickens. What if you saw an Avon bottle that was a rooster or hen. I would try to put it into the chicken collectible section.
 
Thnaks ! The cross sell is a good idea :icon_thumleft:
 
I did a little research and found a few high spots in Avon bottles, but not many.
A Nebraska Corn Huskers bottle could be worth $75 to $85.
There is also a figural mermaid that can sell for $20 to $30.

I'm new here and really enjoy this forum. I hope I can contribute as well as picking up a few tips.

Bill
 
I once bought a box lot with about 25 avon bottles in them for a couple of dollars. Not being a collector of them and finding they do indeed stink I put them out in a garage sale over the summer in the same box lot for something around $10.00 just to get rid of them. I quickly found that people didn't want them all but were rather willing to pay a $1.00 apiece, and they were collector's of certain items just as cyberdan said, a hammer botttle is one that comes to mind. People seemed to be looking more for bottles that were sealed with the perfume still in them, I believe they hold more value than unsealed or empty bottles.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom