What's new

axe handle

Love it.. I'd like to see how they go about stabilizing it.
 
Last edited:
That is cool...It amazes me that conditions can be so perfect as to preserve wood for that long.The fish weir site I hunt has yielded a birch bark container thousands of years old still intact...thanks for the look...Mjm
 
how did you preserve it?
 
I read about this the other day, very cool and would you not just pass out to find that.
 
I happen to have done a bunch of research on this.
Personally the best method I read about in my opinion was sucrose replacement.
This method used sucrose to replace the dextrose that was missing from within the cell walls.
They're virtually identical in composition and it effectively prevents the cell wall collapse and shrinking that happens when the water is removed by evaporation
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom