What's new

Axehead Found!

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2010
Messages
13,021
Reaction score
28,183
Golden Thread
1
Location
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Are there any axe experts out there that can help me date this piece? :dontknow: I found it in a wooded area next to a park I was hunting yesterday. :help:

Thanks for any help you can provide me,
Dave
 

Attachments

  • July 29 003.webp
    July 29 003.webp
    83.8 KB · Views: 408
  • July 29 002.webp
    July 29 002.webp
    136.2 KB · Views: 409
  • Clean July 29.webp
    Clean July 29.webp
    57.8 KB · Views: 394
  • July 29 003.webp
    July 29 003.webp
    83.8 KB · Views: 387
  • July 29 002.webp
    July 29 002.webp
    136.2 KB · Views: 390
  • Clean July 29.webp
    Clean July 29.webp
    57.8 KB · Views: 392
It's a common form...could be 100 years old...could be 10 years old. No real way to tell unless there is a maker's mark.
 
Upvote 0
romeo-1 said:
It's a common form...could be 100 years old...could be 10 years old. No real way to tell unless there is a maker's mark.

Yeah I hear you romeo-1, :icon_scratch: that's the first thing I looked for also once I had rinsed it off! :icon_thumright:
Thanks,
Dave
 
Upvote 0
Nice find. I love finding these old time building tools. Here is a site that was given to me a while back when I dug my first New Jersey ax head. Looks like a Yankee. Arty
 

Attachments

  • ax heads.webp
    ax heads.webp
    36.5 KB · Views: 238
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom